Monday, October 25, 2010

Fashion School: The Jersey Shore

Put on your sneakers, put on your wrist, and make sure you do not forget your shirt. It's time to play. Students in the Champaign-Urbana campus has been looking rather sporting lately with more and more people wearing their shirts. What devices support? Not that the White Sox and Bears written across the front, but the names of several organizations on campus.

Although I have seen some baseball jerseys and the football around, most people I've seen are basketball jerseys.

So why do people's transition to a T-shirt? I've come up with some possible reasons:

1. Something different. It's a different opinion on the neck v. When I first got to college, I thought it was a great alternative to the classic t-shirt. After only being in this school for a year, I have a collection of v-neck that can fill an entire drawer. When I heard about the idea of getting a shirt, I found something fun and new. As a member of club shirts, I can say that my main reason to use them is comfort. I'm a big fan of basketball jersey, there is a reason to use these athletes during sporting events ... are incredibly comfortable and perfect for lounging around or going to class.

2. Teamwork. Groups of people find it is a team! Obviously, yes, but actually makes sense. I have seen groups of people in the city wearing T-shirts to unite against the greatest challenge on this campus: a bar crawl. Jersey to help everyone focus on the task at hand, no clothes to worry about spilling over or cure for a child to keep walking back in. Nothing can give someone the energy needed to make three different bars can be better than a T-shirt . People feel more athletic, giving them the strength to make it all night. Add in a pair of sneakers, the real athlete in emerge. Christian Louboutin Shoes

3. Philanthropy. One of the events I have noticed more frequent in t is in Greek philanthropy events. While competition usually easy, people still want to win at all costs. Boys and girls will compete to see who can get the muddiest, you can eat a slice of watermelon faster, and you can actually survive a flag football tournament after a night. The people are relentless. Like the idea of a bar crawl, participants need an extra boost. This is where the shirt comes in. In reality, what is more intimidating than a group of sorority girls go through Frat Park in bright matching shirts? Nothing. Christian Louboutin Shoes

Personally, I hope this trend continues into the campus. If not, who will eat all that watermelon?

No comments:

Post a Comment